Best App to Help You Pray
If you ever struggle with staying focused, praying on a regular basis, remembering what to pray, or being diligent to pray Scripture– have I got good news for you! Help is on the way. I have found the best app! Let me introduce ECHO, the prayer app.
My cousin/friend turned me onto this resource a few months ago and my time with the Lord has never been the same. HONESTLY. I can journal, sticky note, and remember stuff with the best of them in terms of what I should pray– but nothing yet has compared with the help this little free app has been to me, personally.
I talked about it in the She Yearns Podcast, Best App for Praying, but I wanted you to have a written account in case you need it that way, also.
It’s so simple. First of all just download it. What you see is what you get. Two simple options: Pray Now or Add a Prayer. Let me tell you about some of the features and how you might utilize this awesome tool in your daily life.
How to use the app
Add a Prayer
First you are going to Add a Prayer.
- Enter a title of the prayer. This could be the name of the person you want to pray for, the cause, or need, or maybe the reference if it is a verse, like Joshua 1:9.
- Add an image if you like. (You don’t have to do this. I personally haven’t taken the time yet to do this – so you can skip it.)
- Add a description. This is for you. Spelling doesn’t count. It doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. It can be in code. Whatever. However you want to jot down what it is you are praying for. The important aspect here is to HASHTAG IT.
For instance, if I want to pray the Scripture, Psalm 90:16-17, this is what my entry would look like:
Let your work be shown to your servants; and your glorious power to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
- Then I would push “Add” and now it would be under the “Pray Now” button. I can repeat this process to add more prayers.
When I am ready to pray for the requests I have entered, I simply push the “Pray Now” button and my requests begin to rotate. I turn them like I turn a page on a Kindle.
Another feature I like is called Feeds. This is basically a collection of groups, organizations, and causes that has developed a “Feed” or what we might call a profile with different areas to pray in and for and possibly some prayers written out. Let’s say I want to pray for Missionaries. There is a category or Feed with that title. This is what you would do:
- Click on that category.
- Under Missionaries, there will be several Feed choices like, Pray for Napal, Vision Baptist Missions, 10/40 Window, or Vision for China.
- Select one. Let’s say I selected the Feed, Vision Baptist Missions.
- Next, I can just look peruse the prayer requests and pray as I want, or I can choose to “Follow this Feed.”
- If I want to incorporate the prayer into my own prayer time, I can press, “Copy to My Prayers” and it automatically adds it to my cycle of prayers.
- You can join and participate in any Feed for the free version of the app.
If you want to create your own, it requires the upgraded paid version. I’m looking to do this for our ministry here over the next few months. It’s just another way to connect in a meaningful way that is Gospel-Centered.
You can set a reminder for a particular prayer, hashtag, or feed, for a particular date, and how often you want to be reminded. That’s just awesome for a mom of eight!
There is also a mechanism for keeping track of prayers you find God is answering. There will be a bar at the bottom while you are praying that gives the option to delete, share, or answered. Then it keeps track of the ones that you mark as “answered.” I don’t know if you are in the habit of doing this, but I have found this to be of such value in my journals. To be able to go back over the history I am creating with God. That He is present and active in my life- in my needs – in where I am– is so critical to faith. I love this about Echo. So I hope you will utilize it.
Additional Paid Features
There are a few features that are available beyond the Free version: the ability to create your own Feeds, Groups, share your prayers and add photos. I believe it’s $2.99/mo or $19.99 per year. I’m not sure I articulated this on the podcast. I apologize if I did not get it in there specifically. I don’t use these additional features, but I see the value in them. The most useful ones for personal use might be Shared with Me and adding photos. By and large, you can manage very well with the free version. To join a Feed or participate in a Group you do not need to pay anything.
I hope you will try it out. Let me know what you think. And if you are interested in me posting a Feed, what would you like to see on it?
Have a great week!
For His Glory,