Cheri Strange, PhD
Cheri Strange has helped over 750,000 women redefine their worth through her writing, speaking, and highly popular YouVersion bible reading plans. As an award-winning author and national speaker, Cheri travels all over the country helping other women see themselves through a Biblical lens. Dr. Strange is the author of the award-winning book, Can You See Me, Now? and the Bible study, Life Principles for Living Out the Greatest Commandment. Cheri holds a Ph.D. from Baylor University. She lives in Houston with her husband, Chad, their eight children, and her Maine Coon cat.
As a speaker, writer, and blogger through She Yearns Ministries, Cheri encourages women to live lives that display a yearning and desire for God in everything they do and say. Dr. Strange holds a PhD. from Baylor University in Educational Psychology, and a B.B.S. and M.Ed. from Hardin Simmons University.
Dr. Strange is a YouVersion Partner, national speaker, and an award-winning author, who has published with AMG Publishers and Bold Vision Books. Her devotional content on the YouVersion App (or Bible.com) has reached over half a million users in four different languages. Everything Cheri produces is for the purpose of stirring a deeper desire for God into everyday life, whether it be a devotional, a book, a Bible study, a video or podcast, or a journal.
Cheri Strange, an award-winning author, and mother to eight has been ministering to and encouraging women for more than fifteen years. She has not only helped others find their way beyond loneliness and living unnoticed but offers empathetic comfort because she has walked this desolate path herself. That was until she charted this course on her own for more than a decade. Can You See Me Now brings her experience, expertise, and practical solutions to the forefront in a framework from which others can benefit. As an expert in adult learning, she enjoys helping women grow in their knowledge of God and in an understanding of His purpose for their life. Cheri uses her skill and experiences to minister to women of all ages, helping them take that next step of faith.
In addition to ministry responsibilities, Cheri and her husband, Chad, of thirty years are raising eight children, two of whom are biological, and six are adopted internationally. She understands the tension of trying to fulfill the simultaneous calling to minister effectively as well as mother exceptionally. Cheri knows the weighty responsibility to love each one unconditionally no matter their background, skin color, or insatiable neediness. Believing that God never calls us to half-hearted pursuit or sets us up for failure, Cheri strives to use Scripture to lead, stir and encourage others to seek His Kingdom rather than our own, always and only for His glory.
Press Release for Can You See Me, Now?
Can You See Me, Now? Good News for the lonely, left out, and less than
Smartphones…social media…video chats. If women are more connected than ever, why do so many suffer from isolation and loneliness?
We all want to belong and be loved. But what happens when we get passed over, left out, or seem invisible? How do you make new friends, navigate drama, and enjoy authentic connections?
Can You See Me, Now? reveals how you were hand-picked by God to express love, thrive in community, and enhance the world around you. Cheri Strange’s Scripture approach, combined with captivating stories will show you how to:
- Cultivate the courage to connect with others
- Find people who will fill your heart rather than drain your soul
- Counter the nay-sayers who prefer you remain quiet
- Kiss goodbye to the old tendencies to blend into the wallpaper
Start enjoying the woman God created you to be and leave invisible you behind.
About the Author
Cheri Strange, Ph.D., has helped over 700,000 women redefine their worth through her writing and speaking. Together with helping others find their way beyond loneliness and living unnoticed, Cheri offers empathetic comfort because she has walked this desolate path herself. Can You See Me, Now? brings her experience, expertise, and practical solutions to the forefront in an achievable framework.
- How long have you been writing?
- What is your educational background?
- Why this book? What prompted you to write it? And why now?
- Who is this message addressing, or who is it written for?
- Can you tell me a little bit about the book?
- If someone watching/listening were to pick up this book, what can they expect?
- What part of the book was the most difficult to write?
- What have you learned by writing the book?
- In your book, you suggest the reader can take this 75-day journey and experience transformation. Can you explain what you mean?
- Is there a scripture verse that has resonated with you as you have cultivated this message?
- What are the biggest challenges you face as a writer?
- You have a large family, with eight children, five of who are still living at home. How are you able to navigate ministry and home?
- How do you spend your time when you are not writing non-fiction or developing Bible study materials?
- What could readers hope to gain by reading your book?
What Others are Saying
Can You See Me, Now? Good news for the lonely, left out, and less than
“This book is a must-read. Packed with personal anecdotes and based on biblical truth, its daily readings and personal plan for becoming invincible lead readers into the freedom their souls crave. Say goodbye to your wallflower existence and embrace God’s unique and power-packed purpose for your life.” ~ Grace Fox, international speaker, podcaster, and author of Moving from Fear to Freedom: A Woman’s Guide to Peace in Every Situation.
One Sheet for Can You See Me, Now?
Find a one-sheet for Cheri’s latest release, Can You See Me, Now? here.
Press Release for Life Principles for Living Out the Greatest Commandment
Life Principles for Living Out the Greatest Commandment
What does it mean to live out loving God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength?
It might not mean what we think…
Life Principles for Living out the Greatest Commandment is written for the one who wants to know how to love God completely. Too often this high calling sounds exceedingly difficult for the average believer. Settling for mediocrity in Christ and half-hearted devotion, instead, is the standard. In this eight-week study women discover obedience to the Greatest Commandment is not an impossible feat, but a natural response to a God who loves the unlovable, the unfaithful, the mistake-laden, and the average halfhearted pursuer. Participants learn to discern differences between simply loving God with some affections and loving Him wholly by investigating Biblical characters that succeeded, as well as those who failed miserably, allowing circumstances, fears, and shortcomings to hinder them in undaunted pursuit. Readers gain insight into avoiding traps and snares set by the Enemy in their own lives by studying the lives of others and through practical present-day applications. Because the call is to love God, not only wholeheartedly, but also with all the mind, soul, and strength, each way of wholly loving God is investigated.
Interview Questions Bank
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What surprised you the most during the research or writing of your book?
- What do you hope readers will take away from this book?
- How has God used the message of your book in your own life?
- What was your greatest challenge in writing this book?
- How has being a writer impacted your relationship with Christ?
- What would be your ideal writing place? And…what’s your actual writing place like?
- When did you first recognize God’s call to write for Him?
- Tell us about your funniest moment with a reader.
- What ministries are you involved in, and why?
- What do you read for pleasure? What are you reading right now?
- Do you have a “day job” or a previous career? Does it influence what or how you write?
- Do you have pets and do they inspire your writing or hinder it?
- Tell us about your favorite library memory.
- What are your hobbies or activities or passions outside of writing?
- Tell us about your next project.
What Others are Saying
“This is a powerful journey that we all need to take. Cheri’s study will inspire you to live a life of love as a response to Christ’s love.” ~Amy Groeschel, author and Women’s Pastor of LifeChurch.tv
About the Author
Cheri Strange is living proof of God’s ability to transform a plain and ordinary wallflower into something completely unexpected. She did not set out to become a writer and speaker. Nor did she dream of getting a Ph.D. or becoming the mother of eight children. No. She simply fell in love with a God who met her at the kitchen table while her babies slept. And when she began to hear His call to move beyond that kitchen table, and communicate the truths of this magnificent Savior plainly for others to fall in love with, she responded. Cheri Strange, Ph.D., author, speaker, and Bible teacher leads the reader through the Word to experience more fully the God who loves us first.
One Sheet for Life Principles for Living Out the Greatest Commandment
Find a one-sheet for Cheri’s Bible study, Life Principles for Living Out the Greatest Commandment here.